Acne is a skin condition which is very severe. It is also referred to as Acne Vulgaris, meaning ‘common acne.’ Mostly used in puberty and carried into adulthood. Most people heal from acne while others are left with acne scars. There are various types of acne including nodulocystic acne or cystic acne. Have a look at Acne Treatment for more info on this.
Neck and face are the main regions of the body that are affected by acne. For the treatment of acne and its scars you can see a dermatologist. There are different scoring scales available to assess Acne ‘s seriousness. They ‘re very helpful in assessing acne care. Pillsbury scale, Cook’s Acne grading scale and Leeds acne grading method are the grading scales.
Acne’s exact causes are as yet unknown. Many related factors exacerbate acne. They are given hereafter:
- Making use of greasing makeup
- Hormone shifts
- Stress including emotional stress
- Clogging of skin pores
- Hygiene shortages
- Drug intake, such as steroids, lithium or antidepressants
- Sebum overproduction by the sebaceous glands
- Pollutant and/or industrial exposure
- Persons with a family history of acne are more susceptible to acne
A short summary of the information on Acne’s physical symptoms is listed below:
- Clean, rosy, itchy skin
- Big, firm lumps beneath the skin
- Milia Whiteheads
- Yellowish lumps filled with pus on the skin surface
- Abnormal redness and facial irritation
Acne prevention strategies are as shown below:
Here are some helpful tips for acne prevention or for acne treatment.
- Drink lots of water
- Clean your hands and clean your face regularly / properly
- Eat smooth diet. Provide fruit and vegetables in your diet;
- Don’t squeeze your pimples
- Use mild skin cleansers and avoid abrasive skin products
- Do not ingest junk oily foods, chocolate and coffee
- Avoid scrubbing too much of the skin. This will irritate the skin and cause pore clogging and exacerbate the acne problem
- Regular exercises, yoga and meditation help control stress that helps in treating acne
There are various forms of medicines available for the treatment of acne. The following are:
Home remedies for Acne:
- Orange Peel: Apply powdered orange peel to the affected area mixed with water for a few days
- Fenugreek: apply the fenugreek paste over the face before going to bed and keep over night. Wash it with warm water in the morning
- Cinnamon powder mixed with honey: Add cinnamon powder mixed with honey to the affected region before bedtime. Keep it overnight, and wash it in the morning with hot water. Repeat two weeks on the treatment.
- Lemon juice: Apply lemon juice daily on the affected area
- Grenade skin: Add roasted and powdered grenade skin mixed with lime juice to the affected region
- Tomato: apply acne tomatoes, keep them for an hour and wash them
There are many medicines and products available in the market for Acne treatment. When selecting the best acne treatment options, pick the drug based on consumer reviews, health and consistency of the ingredients used in it. A long term solution to the problem of acne can be sought by opting for a combination of therapies.
For the selection of the right treatment of acne we have to take into consideration factors such as type of acne, type of skin i.e. oily or dry, family history of acne problem, and severity of the acne.